Domaine de Villemajou red 2020
AOP Corbières Boutenac
This product is not for sale in our store
Livraison à domicile en France (Chronopost) Estimated : 20 Août 2022
Livraison à domicile en Europe (Chronopost)
Estimated : 25 Août 2022
Click & Collect
Estimated : Dans 2h si commande avant 17h
- Among the top 2 wines from around the world according to Vivino
- Bought in 1970 by Georges Bertrand
- Family house where father and son shared a passion for wine for more than fifteen years
- Spearhead of the Boutenac appellation, a hierarchical premier cru of the Corbières recognized by the INAO
- Vineyard made up of very old Carignan vines
Complex bouquet blending notes of stewed fruit, sweet spices, leather and roasting
Ample and round, with coated tannins, good aging potential
Appellation : AOP Corbières Boutenac
Cépage : Carignan|Grenache|Syrah|Mourvedre
Custody and Service Tips
Decant and serve at 17°C with rack of lamb or Mediterranean dishes.
The grapes are harvested manually with a double sorting system, in the vineyard and in the cellar.
The vinification is adapted to each grape variety. Carignan and Syrah are vinified in whole grapes according to the principle of carbonic maceration (duration 10 to 18 days). Grenache and Mourvèdre are vinified using traditional maceration after destemming (duration 15 to 20 days).
The wine is then put into barrels for 12 months in our Gasparet cellar.