Red Cigalus 2020
IGP Aude Hauterive
This product is not for sale in our store
Livraison à domicile en France (Chronopost) Estimated : 9 Juillet 2022
Livraison à domicile en Europe (Chronopost)
Estimated : 14 Juillet 2022
Click & Collect
Estimated : Dans 2h si commande avant 17h
- One of the first and largest estates cultivated biodynamically in France
- A unique blend of 7 grape varieties offering a top-of-the-range wine with an impressive balance between ripe fruit, spices and good acidity
- A reference ambassador of French wines on Air France
- Lthe estate is certified AB (organic wine ) and DEMETER (biodynamic agriculture).
- Official Wine of the 2018 Nobel Ceremony Banquet
Intense ruby color with a mahogany tint.
The bouquet screams concentrated, very ripe black fruits, toasted spices and toasty oak.
The palate is lush and opulent with velvety tannins. Aromas of black fruits - blackberries, black cherries and plums - reappear with a complex empyreumatic framework leading to mint. The finish is long with perfect balance.
Appellation : IGP Aude Hauterive
Cépage : Cabernet Sauvignon|Cabernet Franc|Merlot|Syrah|Grenache|Carignan
Custody and Service Tips
Open one or two hours before serving at 16°C.
Perfect with roasted red meats, poultry in sauce or aged cheeses
The grapes are harvested by hand, sorted, then vatted separately. Syrah and Carignan are vatted in whole bunches, then vinified by maceration in whole bunches, with a vatting time of around 15 days. The other grape varieties are 100% destemmed, then vinified by traditional maceration for about 3 weeks. The wines are put into new barrels of 225L for aging for a minimum of 1 year. A selection of coopers is made in order to adapt the choice of wood origins, as well as the type of toasting to each vintage. The grape varieties are vinified and aged separately until the final blending takes place just before bottling.