Solar 6, Organic and Beefriendly wines are winners of the LSA trophies for organic growth
June 3 2021
Solar6 wines reflect Gérard Bertrand's commitment with IGP Cévennes winegrowers committed to the protection of biodiversity and pollinators
Solar6 wines come from the Cévennes terroirs. They are available in white (Chardonnay), rosé (Grenache) and red (Syrah) and are present nationally and in Europe in generalist and specialist distribution.
These wines are the result of a collective approach initiated by Gérard Bertrand and Cévennes winegrowers committed to biodiversity and sustainable viticulture that respects pollinating insects.
In addition to organic viticulture, the partner winegrowers seek to have a positive impact on their environment. Respecting the BeeFriendly label, they adopt good practices:
- They sow the rows of vines with melliferous plants - They plant trees around to welcome birds and bats and prevent soil erosion
- They do not use any toxic products - They are doubly labeled AB and BeeFriendly The collective sees bigger and has formed an Economic and Environmental Interest Group Bees, Trees Rivers of the Cévennes in Vine (GIEE AARC en Vigne ) to transform the Cévennes territory into the Vallée des Abeilles.
- An approach initiated by Gérard Bertrand in collaboration with 4 cooperative cellars in the Cévennes: the Cave de Durfort, the Vignerons de la Porte des Cévennes, the Cave de Saint Maurice and the Vignerons de Souvignargues.
- Today, around fifty winegrowers are already involved in the project (i.e. 800 hectares)
- Concrete actions: deep tillage, agroforestry, water management in the vineyards, preservation of pollinating insects, collaboration with beekeepers and BeeFriendly experts
This approach embodied by Solar6 wines is accompanied by a program of promotion and consumer awareness on the shelves and in the territory. It is now rewarded by the 2021 Jury of the LSA ORGANIC GROWTH Trophies.
To find out more about Gérard Bertrand's approach in his vineyards and with his partners
About the LSA ORGANIC GROWTH Trophies The LSA magazine, dedicated to news and analysis of trade, retail and consumer trends, rewards each year at the LSA Growth Trophies Organic players who contribute to the deployment and growth of organic and who implement concrete actions in favor of sustainable development. 15 Trophies were awarded in several categories including beverages, groceries and hygiene and beauty.
About Gérard Bertrand Winemaker committed and deeply attached to the terroirs of Languedoc and Roussillon, Gérard Bertrand owns 16 Châteaux and Estates. Convinced that viticulture in harmony with nature is the best way to produce great wines imbued with all the nuances of their terroir, Gérard Bertrand made the choice very early on of biodynamic viticulture, of which he is today a referent. global. It also develops long-term partnerships to support winegrowers seeking to change their practices for organic. He is the author of La Nature au Coeur, published by Albin Michel on May 6, 2021.