For Valentine's Day, take advantage of free delivery from 6 bottles with the code SAINTVALENTIN
Gérard Bertrand presents: À table!
Episode 04 - Laurent Chabert
February 28 2022·
Wine and Food series: renowned chefs sublimate Gérard Bertrand wines
Follow the recipe : FSabournac hunting mallard ilet with kale, pickled cauliflower, and thyme-smoked Brussels sprouts Clape
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 2 Mallards
- 1 Kale
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 1 Poultry breast
- 200gr Cream 35%
- Gruissan salt
- 3 Cauliflower tops
- 300gr of Brussels sprouts
- 150gr Butter
- Slice the onion, the heart of the kale and make a carrot brunoise, sweat everything in a saucepan over low heat for about 2 hours.
- Fry the mallard fillets and brown them on the skin side only in a very hot pan with a knob of butter, set aside in the fridge.
- Crush the mallard carcasses then brown them in a casserole dish with a knob of butter, then deglaze with red wine, reduce to dryness and moisten to the height with white poultry stock or water, cook over heat soft for 2 hours, strain and reduce to consistency.
- Make a fine stuffing with the chicken breast and the chopped parsley, whisk in the cream once the mixture is homogeneous and smooth.
- Blanch the outer cabbage leaves in salted boiling water then cool them in ice water. Also cook the Brussels sprouts in the same water for 4 minutes then finish cooking them in a saucepan over low heat, coating them with the mallard juice.
- Place a cabbage leaf on cling film, lay out a layer of fine stuffing then a layer of cold cabbage compote and finally two fillets of mallard head to tail.
- Roll into a ballotine and bake at 54°C for 2 hours.
- Make a cauliflower mash and pickled cabbage tops.
- Cut the ballotines in half then polish them with the carcass juice, then place one on each plate, make 8 dots of creamy cauliflower on the outside of the plate and place on each plate. them by alternating a leaf of Brussels sprouts and a top of cauliflower in pickles.
- Arrange the Brussels sprouts in the mini barbecue-smoker, then light the dry thyme underneath with a blowtorch, close with the lid
- Put the juice in a sauceboat