Château des Karantes Grand Vin rouge 2019
AOP La Clape
This product is not for sale in our store
Livraison à domicile en France (Chronopost) Estimated : 14 Août 2022
Livraison à domicile en Europe (Chronopost)
Estimated : 18 Août 2022
Click & Collect
Estimated : Dans 2h si commande avant 17h
- The vineyard is cultivated organically and biodynamically.
- 16.5/20 in the Bettane+Desseauve 2020 Guide
- Château des Karantes is an exceptional vineyard located in the heart of a small valley, surrounded by the rocky cliffs of the Clape massif, classified as a natural park
- The estate overlooks the Mediterranean Sea and offers a remarkable panorama of the coast and the hinterland made up of scrubland and pine forests.
- The climatic conditions are exceptional: both in terms of the duration of sunshine, the amounts of heat stored during the day by the limestone and returned to the grapes at night, and the effect of the Mediterranean Sea which moderates summer temperatures.< /li>
- Since the 201 vintage7, the estate has been certified AB (organic wine) and DEMETER (biodynamic agriculture).
Intense, dominated by clean aromas of fruit (black cherries and blackcurrant), flowers (violets) and sweet spices
Round, reveals silky and fine tannins highlighting notes of liquorice and gingerbread. Slightly saline finish characteristic of La Clape wines
Appellation : AOP La Clape
Cépage : Syrah|Mourvedre|Grenache|Carignan
Custody and Service Tips
Serve at 17°C - Enjoy with grilled meats or aged cheeses.
The harvest is triggered following regular maturity checks, by tasting the berries as the harvest approaches. The harvest is manual and the grapes are sorted in the vineyard and on arrival at the cellar. Each grape variety is worked separately: the Carignan and part of the Syrah are vinified by whole-cluster maceration, while the Mourvèdre and the Grenache are vinified by traditional maceration. At the end of winter, the different grape varieties are blended and the majority of the wine is transferred to French oak barrels for aging for around 12 months. The other part of the wine is aged in vats to provide freshness during the final blending which takes place just before bottling